I am super excited to share this review with you my gals- it’s the Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Rush Lip Balms, which are recently launched in the market.
Baby Lips is something that I have been using since a long time now, if I am not wrong its back in 2011, I spotted them in a NewU store, and instantly bought it. I still remember I had bought the strawberry Pie variant, which was colorless. Those were my training days, and I used to get only a tiny amount of stipend, I could only afford a lip balm, and not a lipstick. Also, to be very honest, I always have been a lip balm girl, I do wear lipsticks now, however on every day basis, tinted lip balms is my go to thing!
I have tried almost all the ranges from the Maybelline Baby Lips- Original Baby Lips, Tinted versions, Electro Pops, Candy wow, Bright out Loud, Spiced up range, and now finally Candy Crush Range.
- This Candy crush range comes in 4 variants and they smell and tastes exactly like their names.
Watermelon Pop – Red
Gummy Grape – Dark Pink
Orange Jujube- Orange
Cotton Candy- Light Pink
- First of all how cute do the names look, this is what I always like about Maybelline- they give very cute names to their lipsticks, nail paints and Lip balms. The packaging is quite similar to other variants of their lip balms which is a cutesy little tube packaging and are color coded as usual. The ingredients, shelf life, and other details are mentioned on the outer packaging.
- They retail for INR 190 for 4 gms, which is slightly steep when compared to the original Baby Lips, however still I would mark them in the affordable category.
- They have a shelf life of 36 months, which is great!
- They contain Coconut Oil and Vitamin E, which are very nourishing agents for our lips. The best part is that they contain SPF 20, which is great, because our lips need sun protection as well.
- They are not very pigmented, however buildable and will show up color with atleast three swipes. I am not sure of they will perform on pigmented lips, as I do not have dark lips.
- They are moisturizing on the lips and formula wise, they are non- greasy and not sticky, which is YAY!
- They smell and taste very sweet, and hence the name Candy Crush, is CUT-OUT for the range!
- They claim to stay on lips for 16 hours, which is not true, they stay on for about 3-4 hours, which is fine according to me, as I like re-applying my lip balms.
- Overall, I loved them, and would recommend them incase you are looking for a budget friendly lip balm.
Let me know in the comments section below, which Baby Lips have you tried before ?